Step 1: Put your media player on random. Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 20 songs that play. Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from. Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
I weeded out repeats. Also songs that are only instrumentals.
1) I said move over once / Move over twice / Come on baby, don't be cold as ice
2) I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.katie_m, "One Night in Bangkok" -- Murray Head.
3) She knew how to gather the forest when / God reached softly and moved her body / One golden locketlarisa57, "Wonderful" -- Brian Wilson
4) It's a cure for hepatitis, it's a cure for chronic insomniaellenbs, "Have a Cuppa Tea" -- The Kinks
5) We don't have to be stars exploding in the night / Or electric eels under the coversellenbs, "A Chicken With Its Head Cut Off" -- Magnetic Fields
6) On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frogtheodosia, "Dead Skunk" -- Loudon Wainwright III.
7) She's broken all the superhearts of the superheroes of the galaxy / So why does she want to mess around with me?
8) And so you see, your Honor / It was all in fun
9) I love you, I've a drowning grip on your adoring faceellenbs, "Piazza New York Catcher" -- Belle & Sebastian
10) Whatcha gonna do when your wife finds another / Takes the kids and the car and half of the house
11) Everywhere I go, I get slandered, libeled / I hear words I never heard in the Biblela_perkins, "Keep the Customer Satisfied" -- Simon and Garfunkel
12) Wish I could play the father / And take you by the handla_perkins, "Standing" -- Once More with Feeling Soundtrack
13) Over the sift, / He goes all round it past the end of his shift; / I make him leave he lets me know he feels miffed, stiffed.
14) I'd buy you some art / A Picasso or a Garfunkelkatie_m, "If I Had $1000000" -- Barenaked Ladies.
15) Watching the fish up at the lake / It was lovely till your mother caught us.
16) Two of us in a double-feature / I'm a rock and roller she's a science teacherellenbs, "Four-Eyed Girl" -- Rhett Miller
17) Idi Amin and the Shah / And Al Fatah is quite bizarre / I could never get the hang of ideologytheodosia, "I Do the Rock" -- Tim Curry.
18) I can't sleep and I lay and I think / The night is hot and black as inkseankozma, "Love Reign O'er Me" -- The Who / Pete Townshend.
19) Detroit was smoky grey / Nothing like the good old days
20) I drew the blade across my wrist / To see how it would feel