The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 Guilty Pleasures" and people who get tagged need to write an LJ entry about their 5 Guilty Pleasures as well as state this rule. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. Eating almost anything other than oatmeal. This is probably the biggest source of guilt in my life lately, thanks to the combined efforts of my doctor and the media. It's a really lousy way to live.
That's it for feeling guilty. To fill out the list, here are some things I unashamedly take pleasure in that a lot of people either are indifferent to or actively dislike.
2. Novelty records. Weird Al, Tom Lehrer, Dr. Demento collections, filk, you name it, I'll at least give it a listen. If I like it, I'll remember it forever.
3. Airports. I love 'em. I am the perpetual five year-old kid going on his first airplane ride. I love to just stand at the window and watch the planes, and I get frustrated with airports that have no decent view of the runways. I was once in St. Louis on business with hours to kill until my flight out. My hotel was directly across the street from the airport, so I just sat there in the lounge on the twentieth floor watching the planes take off and land until it was time to check out and head over.
4. Similarly, I love standing at the front of a subway(or any train, really) just watching what's ahead, and how the tracks turn off in different directions. The Green line is great for this. When I was in high school, and rode the Erie Lackawanna to and from South Orange every day, it was rare that the engineer would leave the privacy curtain at the front of the train up. So my buddy Alex and I used to stay in the rear car looking out the back. Not quite as good, but still fun.
5. For my last one, I'll steal one of Em's, staying in hotels, for pretty much the same reasons she does.
Not tagging anyone for this, but feel free.