I also used it as an opportunity to look over the yard to see what needs to be done out there. I'm going to have to do some more hacking at the evil thicket for one thing, as it's starting to encroach again. I also want to get rid of the last of the midget junipers along the north wall, because they're ugly and useless. I also really need some kind of garden shed. Getting real tired of covering the mower up with a tarp every time I'm done with it.
Stopped at the depot, and as I feared, they no longer have any of that maple/birch plywood that I used for the bookcases. That means that I'll need to make a few of the shelves from straight birch plywood, which is a shame because I preferred the look of the maple. I did find a nice piece of 1" x 4" maple stock for the header of the face frame, so I can start working on the face frame this weekend, too.
Ganked from orthoepy...
1. What color are your kitchen plates?
You're kidding, right? No? Off-white with blue rims. Corelle.
2. What book(s) are you reading now?
Master and Commander, by Patrick O'Brian, and Needle, by Hal Clement.
3. What's on your mouse pad?
A cordless mouse and a glass of milk.
4. Favorite Board Game?
5. Favorite Magazine?
The only magazine I buy every month without fail is Games.
6. Favorite smell(s)?
Vanilla, lemon, fresh ground coffee, fresh baked bread, the scent of my true love's hair... Okay, that last was just silly.
7. Least favorite smell(s)?
Carbon disulfide, pyridine, 1,3-propanedithiol, hydrogen sulfide, azinphos methyl. Being trained as a chemist has exposed me to a wide range of really obnoxious odors. Be thankful most of you will never have a chance to smell any of these (other than perhaps hydrogen sulfide, which is rotten eggs).
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
"Shut up, stupid birds..."
9. Favorite Colors:
Dark blues, burgundy.
10. Least favorite color(s):
11. How many rings before you answer the phone?
As few as possible.
12. Future child's name?
Not bloody likely at this point.
13. What is most important in life?
Love, friendship. That and a nice MLT, where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatoes...
14. Of all the possible circles of Hell, which are you most likely to be assigned to?
The one filled with inane morons who refuse to leave me alone....
15. Chocolate or Vanilla?
16. Do you like to drive fast?
Yup. What I really need is practical teleportation.
17. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No. Who makes up these questions? I don't even think I did when I was little.
18. Storms: cool or scary?
19. What was your first car?
1966 Volkswagen Bus. I loved that car. My brother eventually customized the engine, installing oversized cylinders and such, so it had a lot more pep than the average bus. Got it up to eighty mph or so once (hard to tell, really, the speedometer maxed out at seventy-eight), going downhill on I-287 through Basking Ridge, NJ. (See above about the importance of driving fast in my life.)
20. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
21. Favorite alcoholic drink?
Yeungling Lager. Vodka and tonic.
22. What is your sign and your birthday?v
Scorpio, November 19.
23. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Nope. Don't eat any other part, neither. Who thinks up this stuff?
24. If you could have any job, what would it be?
Shortstop for the Dodgers.
25. If you could have any hair color, what would it be?
Same color as it was about ten years ago, brown with a lot of gray highlights.
26. Have you ever been in love?
27. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
28. Favorite movie?
29. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys?
Sometimes. I know where they're supposed to be, but they tend to wander about...
30. What's under your bed?
31. What is your favorite number(s)?
5, 30 (my baseball uniform number).
32. Favorite sport to watch?
33. What is your single biggest fear?
Falling. See last week's meme.
34. Favorite song?
Too many to list. Besides, that was in last week's other meme.
35. Favorite TV show(s)?
Buffy and Angel.
36. Ketchup or mustard?
Ketchup on burgers, mustard on dogs.
37. Hamburgers or Hot Dogs?
38. Favorite Soft Drink?
39. The best places you have ever been?
Acadia National Park, New Orleans, Chicago, DC, Nova Scotia.
40. What screen saver is on your computer right now?
Don't use them, although I designed a nifty one with a bunch of lighthouses for promotional purposes for the company. I really ought to convert that to a non-advertisey version.
41. Burger King or McDonalds?
42. Do you know someone right now that you could fall in love with?
Yup. Not that it really matters.
43. What did you do yesterday?
Picked up my bike at the shop, and read all seven issues of Fray.
44. What's your favorite food?
45. Where do you see yourself in twenty years?
Every time I've tried that I've been dead wrong, so what's the point. I know where I'd like to be. It is unlikely in the extreme I will be there.
46. If you had the choice of any superhero power to possess, what would it be?
Another question that appears on meme after meme. Once again it would be elemental conversion.
47. What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
I don't know if any of my dreams are weird. Actually, most of my dreams are pretty boring. My daydreams are much more interesting, although still not usually weird...
48. Who is your favorite classical composer?