1. If you had to choose an alias, what would it be?
I already have one that I like quite a bit.
2. Where were you on 9/11?
At work, swapping back-up tapes in our Novell server when our QC Manager called to me from his office to tell me what he had just heard on the radio (he'd been listening to Howard Stern in NY). I went into my office and tried to get to CNN.com to confirm, but couldn't get through, so I checked in with the Buffistas instead, and spent pretty much the rest of the day getting my news there. It was actually a great comfort to be with people that I knew (even though I hadn't met any of them yet).
3. What is your ideal vacation?
Anything that has me NOT at work. I'm perfectly happy to stay holed up in my house for the duration. If I had to choose, though, I really liked to two Spring Training vacations I took to Florida. Baseball games at a different park each afternoon, with side trips available to other attractions. Even saw a shuttle launch the first time I went.
4. How many first cousins do you have?
I had six, all on my father's side, but one died when I was high school. I now have more siblings than cousins.
5. How do you take your pizza?
Sausage, extra cheese, sometimes some onions. New York style or Chicago style.
6. If you could be fluent in any foreign language (that you are not already) what would it be?
German, I suppose, just because I already have a start on it. I have no overwhelming urge to learn another language.
7. What is your favorite website?
8. If you could experience another era of history, which would it be?
Sometime in the future. The only way I want to go into the past is if it were part of a do-over of my life with me retaining my memories of what not to do this time around.
9. What is your favorite genre of movies?
Comedies or science fiction/fantasy, I suppose. My least favorite is horror.
10. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
11. Can you whistle?
Yup, but I'm better inhaling than exhaling.
12. If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be?
An eagle, just to be able to fly for a bit.
13. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Not one in particular, but a similar group. Members include Kevin Renner in The Mote in God's Eye, Shannon Foraker in the Honor Harrington books, Garak on DS9, Garrett from Glen Cook's fantasy/mystery novels, Archie Goodwin from Nero Wolfe, Crash Davis from Bull Durham, John Steed from the Avengers, Wash from Firefly, even Giles to a certain extent... Competent and snarky, but not showy.
OTOH, there's Emma Peel...
14. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Trek, up to and especially Deep Space Nine.
15. What is your favorite beverage?
Iced tea, with lemon and sugar.
16. What brand of toothpaste do you use?
Crest and occasionally Gleem.
17. What is your favorite professional sports team?
The Los Angeles Dodgers.
18. Are you "indoorsy" or "outdoorsy"?
I spend more time indoors, but I like to ride my bike, play outdoor sports, camp, hike, so there's a strong outdoors component.
19. What is your earliest childhood memory?
I have some vague memories pre-kindergarten, but the earliest concrete memory I have is of my first day in kindergarten, with Paul Corbett hiding behind the coat rack, crying his eyes out because he didn't want to be there. He was fine the next day.
20. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be?
Guitar, though I'd settle for keyboards.
21. What's your favorite accent?
Don't have one. My least favorite one is the Cranston, RI, accent.
22. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Los Angeles Dodger.
23. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
24. If they were making a movie or TV show of your life, who would you choose to play you?
I dunno, Tom Hanks?
25. What is your favorite element (earth, fire, water or air)?
I'm a pyromaniac, so fire it is.
26. If you could compete in any event in the Olympics (summer or winter) what would it be?
27. What is your favorite Sunday comic strip?
Bloom County. (Yes, I know...)
28. What kind of music do you listen to?
Rock and folk, mostly.
29. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
Ralston. I don't have it often, though, because you have to cook it.
30. What is your worst habit?
Procrastination. Note that this meme has been around for days...
It's rainy and gloomy again today, but yesterday was just gorgeous, sunny and sixties, and I was finally able to take the bike out for the first time in a month. Did ten miles because I didn't want to overdo, hoping that today would be nice, too. Feh...